Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Camp experience

I had the opportunity to go to our church's jr high summer camp this year in Ohio. 3 nights, 4 days. They were looking for a couple more cooks. Lindsey was going & she didn't care if I tagged along. Not knowing what to expect, I journeyed along with the 100+students & adults. The first night, after all our work was done, I found myself out by the water (always a fav place for me). I could hear the kids behind me having their worship time & it was great to just be able to get away & spend some alone time of my own w/God.



Here is where I slept, with 2 other ladies from church; the head cook & the nurse. Unfortunately no air conditioning & a very HOT week, but we survived.








This is the kitchen where we cooked all the meals. It was GREAT because it did have air conditioning. It was always a cool 68 in here & we hung out as long as we could.



Over all a GREAT experience, I would do it again next year & I even got my sunset pic!!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment